Thuya Poetry Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for your interest in Thuya Poetry Review. We look forward to reading your work. We are currently accepting submissions for issue two. The reading period is from February 15 to June 15. The expected response time is about 3 months, but you may hear from us sooner.
- Submit only one document per issue, containing up to, but no more than, 5 poems.
- Submissions should be formatted as a word document: .doc or .docx. Submissions not formatted in the way specified will not be considered.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed but notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere by adding a note on the submission.
- We only consider previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared elsewhere, including social media posts, is not accepted.
- If for some reason you are unable to submit via submittable, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ATTN Editors”.
- Thuya Poetry Review acquires first serial rights and non-exclusive reprint rights. Publication rights return to the author post-publication.
- We pride ourselves on being one of a small group of journals that does not require a submission fee.
- We pay our contributors. Compensation will likely be nominal—we are, after all, a non-profit—our budget is contingent upon donations received, which varies annually, and therefore so does the pay-scale. If your work is accepted, we will disclose the projected payment amount in the notification.
- We pay contributors via PayPal, Venmo, or Check.
- If you would like to donate to Thuya Poetry Review, visit the donation page.